Monday, August 18, 2008

Selenium IDE- QnA

Through this blog post I am sharing some useful points . While trying IDE, I came accross many question and later I found some solutions of them. Some of the questions and answers are here.
Hope they help you lot.........

how selenium IDE handle checkpoint ?
Can selenium IDE handle any checkpoint like QTP, WinRunner?
I have a login page, if I entered a wrong username, password and try to login, application displayed a msg “ Wrong username and Password, how to handle this situation?
Yes We can use a command -
assertTextPresent <"Error Message">

How to capture input given in Rich Text Editor using Selenium IDE?
You can take the id of this editor using xPath.

I face an error "Element not found" while running script. How can I overcome?
Try using 'clickAndWait' command instead of just 'click'.
Or maybe 'waitForPageToLoad' commands..

How to handle timeout situation?
The default time for time out is 30000ms in selnium. you can change this from option.
But this is not good practice to change default time out. best practice can be use of time out command.
setTimeout30000000


I will be posting more so keep visiting the blog.

11 comments :

  1. am getting "locator not found: name=5567024973582828" for select window command while running the recorded script in selenium IDE how to overcome this?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am new to slenium IDE. My Testcase is stopping in the middle whenever i encounter "click and wait" command, "selectWindow" ,waitForPopUp command. Also when i do login i my application it take some time to get the window, before the window generation my code is moving to next command. So it is showing me "Element not found" finally my case will result in fail :-( how to overcome this time gaps?

    Any suggestions is highly appreiciable.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Sowmya,

    you can use 'clickAndWait' or wa'waitForPageToLoad'

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice inputs... i like ur blog , u might like mine too here is the url:
    http://go-gaga-over-testing.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey Vishal,I liked your blog..Your selenium posts helped me to know more about selenium tool

    Thanks,
    Anajli.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi, even though i use clickandwait command i still get the error as Element not Found, i even tried the waitForPageToLoad' but no use

    ReplyDelete
  7. clickandwait command dosen't work good in all cases, reason is click and wait dosen't determine if the page is loaded or not...

    waitforelementpresent command can be used before the click command which works for all cases

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi usin IDE i am facing the error "Element ctl00_MainContent_cmdProceed not found" I could not resove it. Can anybody help me?

    ReplyDelete
  9. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  10. @ Vijju, Element txtUserName not found error comes when any recorded element not found during the execution. you can try wait for function or use Xpath. some time page content not loaded and takes time and then our script not found that particular item in that case this error comes. then we need to use waitfor /witforpageload command or any similar one.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi... using IDE it is not capturing Text editor(we use PHPFOX) so the result is like that 'Element not found'.. can u plz help me..

    Thanks
    Athira

    ReplyDelete